The move to new premises in the Bridge of Don in Aberdeen in 2015 has given James Aiken Engineering Solutions 12,500 sq ft of manufacturing space that combines fabrication and machine shops under one facility.
The extended operation means that all processes are carried out in-house - cutting, profiling, fabrication, welding, machining, assembly, NDT, coating and final inspection.
In addition, overhead cranes improve productivity and streamline the material handling process while ensuring the safe movement of goods and materials.
The machine shop comprises:
- Four Axis CNC machining centres.
- Three Axis CNC lathes.
- Three Axis CNC milling machines.
- A number of self feed CNC saws.
The fabrication shop includes:
- A multi-head water jet cutter.
- High definition plasma cutter.
- Punching/notching stations.
- CNC press brake.
- CNC guillotine.
- Pinch rollers, and fabrication and welding stations.
The entire operation is controlled by an Integrated Management System that drives the quality process. Daily production meetings ensure that all work is delivered on time and to the exacting standards demanding by customers.